We are returning to face-to-face classes on September 7!
We are very excited to announce we are returning to face-to-face classes!
Southern Highlands classes will resume from Monday, September 7, 2020, at Mittagong Scout Hall.
The classes that will return to face-to-face are:
There will be an online option where the face-to-face class will be live-streamed via Zoom for people who cannot attend in person.
All other classes will remain online.
Our online option needs to be booked in advance.
Returning to Face-to-Face Classes
As we return to face-to-face activities, the safety of our students is paramount.
We have put measures in place to prioritise the health and wellbeing of everyone.
We are creating a safe dance environment by:
- Encouraging the principle of “Come, dance, leave”.
Please come ready to dance and avoid socialising before and after classes.
- Capping classes at a maximum of 20 participants.
- Adhering to social distancing of 1.5 m and each person having a minimum of 4 metres square.
- Staggering classes to allow for cleaning and to avoid overlap and crowding.
All classes will finish 10 minutes early to allow time for cleaning, adequate ventilation of the room and to minimise crowding.
- Providing alcohol-based hand sanitiser at all entry/exit points that are easily accessible during activities.
- Encouraging you to bring a sweat towel and an adequate supply of water in a drink bottle.
Facilities will not be available to fill drink bottles.
- Using different entry and exit points to avoid overlap and crowding.
Entry to the hall is via the main doors of the building.
Exiting the hall will take place via the rear door.
- Encouraging contactless registration and payment.
You can help us do this by booking your chosen classes in advance via http://bit.ly/bcpdanceclasses
If you are unable to book online, please contact us on 0420 308 221 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org to register your place and arrange payment options.
We have cashless tap and go card payments for in-class payments.
Cash will be accepted but we ask that you please bring the correct amount to minimise cash handling.
Conditions Of Entry
The conditions of entry to our classes reflect our safe environment principles.
These same conditions of entry also apply to BCP staff.
First and foremost, if you are unwell, please do not attend face-to-face classes.
We feel this is common sense and all of our students and staff are smart, intelligent people who will follow this.
You are not permitted to attend face-to-face classes if you:
- are experiencing any flu-like symptoms (sore throat, runny nose, persistent cough, shortness of breath, fever);
- within the last 14 days have been in close contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19;
- are awaiting the results of a test for COVID-19;
- reside with anyone who is awaiting the results of a test for COVID-19;
- have returned from international travel or a recognised hotspot and failed to observe the government requirement to quarantine for 14 days.
In the instance, the above applies to your teacher (e.g. Bonnie has a cold), classes will be held online via Zoom.
You will be notified as soon as possible of any changes to classes.
A link to access the Zoom class will be sent via email.
When attending face-to-face classes, you agree to the following requirements:
- Leave the site immediately if you become unwell, after notifying a staff member;
- At all times, maintain social distancing measures (as per the NSW Health guidelines) concerning other students and staff;
- Maintain good personal hand hygiene by washing your hands regularly and thoroughly and/or using hand sanitisers;
- Maintain good respiratory hygiene by coughing or sneezing into their elbow or a tissue, and then disposing of tissues immediately;
- Acknowledge that you may be refused entry to BCP classes if the class has reached its total capacity under NSW Health social distancing requirements;
- Upon entry, completing an attendance register that will be provided to the NSW Department of Health or any other third-party government department, as required to enable contact tracing procedures.
This record will be stored confidentially and securely;
- Acknowledge the right of BCP to refuse entry or request your departure from our sites at any time and for any reason;
- At all times, treat staff and other students with respect.
By enrolling in our face-to-face classes you agree to the conditions of entry and requirements listed above.
Rules and guidelines will be updated in conjunction with NSW Health announcements.
We thank you in advance for your understanding and assistance in keeping each other safe.
We are looking forward to dancing with you!
Read our COVID Safe Plan