Stuck at home in lockdown?
Keep your body moving and your mind active with our online dance classes!
Classes are taught by award-winning choreographer Bonnie Curtis.
Want to learn how to dance but don’t know where to start?
Join our Online Contemporary Dance Class where you will immerse yourself in dance and explore the craft of contemporary dance.
Express yourself in a fun and nurturing environment.
– Floor work
– Coordination of the spine and limbs
– Moving in and out of the floor safely
– Creativity and artistry
– Combinations and choreography
This class is suited to people who have never taken a contemporary dance class or would like to refresh and extend their existing skills.
This class is curated for small spaces. All you need is some clear floor space.
Mondays, 11 am -12 pm
How to Join our Online Classes
- Book the class you would like to join (e.g. Contemporary Dance, Monday, June 22).
- You will receive a confirmation email with details on how to get set up for your online class.
- Download Zoom (instructions will be in your confirmation email).
- Make sure your home dance space is ready to go! Have a clear space without any obstructions so you can dance freely.
- Just before the class start time, click on your Zoom link and join the class.
Teacher: Bonnie Curtis
About the Teacher
Bonnie Curtis is a multi-faceted artist, driven by an inquisitive imagination and a desire to discover. Born and bred in Sydney, Bonnie trained at the Academy of Music and Performing Arts before moving to Europe to further her artistic development.
During her career, Bonnie has worked as an independent artist, playing the role of producer, director, choreographer and performer in works for film, installation and live performance. Her creations and collaborations have been featured at ImPulsTanz, Museum Moderner Kunst (AT), Girona Film Festival (ES), Quadstock Music Festival (US), CinéWomen|Womenartconnect (EU), Asia International Youth Short Film Exhibition (CN), Biennale of Sydney, Sydney World Film Festival, and Sydney Fringe Festival (AU), among others.
Bonnie has lived in the Southern Highlands for the past 2 years and has been teaching dance in both the Highlands and Sydney for the past 9 years.