Taking online workshops or private coaching classes? Here are some things to help you prepare for the session:
Our online classes are run through Zoom. We recommend downloading the Zoom app prior to class.
To download visit: http://www.zoom.us/download or download via the App Store for your device. If downloading through the website, select the Zoom Client for Meeting (the first option).
Information on how to use Zoom (video and text information): https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362193-Joining-a-Meeting
TO PREPARE FOR YOUR CLASS WE SUGGEST THE FOLLOWING:
– Find a clear space around you ideally 2 x 2m and clear any furniture out of the way.
– Have water and a towel close by.
– Make sure your phone/laptop/iPad/device fully charged or plugged in before class.
– If you have a portable speaker such as a UE BOOM, connect it to your device for increased sound levels and quality.
– Once the class begins, click on your teacher’s video and press ‘pin video’ to keep your teacher in view.
– Work within your comfort level and do not do anything that doesn’t feel right. If you have any questions about movements or exercises in the class please ask your teacher.
– When you join the class your microphone will be on so feel free to have a chat with each other. Your teacher will mute everyone once the class has begun. If you have any questions, please use the chat function and your teacher will reply.
Additional Class Information
You will need a dining table chair or something that you can use as a barre substitute.
You will need yoga blocks (books, cushions, blankets are a good substitute) and a band (strap, tie, towel are all good substitutes).
You will receive an email with the Zoom links to access your classes the day before the class. Please check your spam email if you have not received them.
Dance Conditioning and Progressing Ballet Technique
You will need:
– exercise ball suited to your height (a dining table chair or sturdy stool can be used as substitutes)
– resistance band (a long towel can be used as a substitute)
– lacrosse ball (a spikey ball can be used as an alternative)
– small ball (a small cushion can be used as a substitute)
For more information on equipment please visit our info page here: https://bit.ly/3aQ5FkM
Tap shoes are recommended but not necessary if you do not have suitable flooring available. Joggers with a firm or cushioned heel are recommended as substitutes for tap shoes.
If you have any other questions, do not hesitate to contact us.
We are really looking forward to seeing you in class 🙂
BONNIE CURTIS PROJECTS