Stuck at home in lockdown?
Keep your body moving and your mind active with our online dance classes!
Classes are taught by award-winning choreographer Bonnie Curtis.
Join us for a fun and engaging workshop where you will improve your strength and flexibility.
This class draws on elements of pilates, Progressing Ballet Technique and strength and conditioning to develop new pathways in your body. You will focus on the principles of postural alignment and core stability to learn the correct use of muscles and develop solid technique.
This class is suitable for not only dancers but people who have had injuries or haven’t trained for a while. This class will help you strengthen your body in a safe, nurturing environment.
This class is curated for small spaces.
- Exercise ball (a dining table chair or a sturdy stool are a good substitute for an exercise ball)
- Resistance Band (strap, tie, towel are all good substitutes)
- Lacrosse Ball (a spiky ball can be used as an alternative)
- Small Ball (a small cushion is a good substitute)
Thursdays, 5:30 pm – 6:30 pm
How to Join our Online Classes
- Book the class you would like to join (e.g. Dance Conditioning, Thursday, June 25).
- You will receive a confirmation email with details on how to get set up for your online class.
- Download Zoom (instructions will be in your confirmation email).
- Make sure your home dance space is ready to go! Have a clear space without any obstructions so you can dance freely.
- Just before the class start time, click on your Zoom link and join the class.
Teacher: Bonnie Curtis
About the Teacher
Bonnie Curtis is a multi-faceted artist, driven by an inquisitive imagination and a desire to discover. Born and bred in Sydney, Bonnie trained at the Academy of Music and Performing Arts before moving to Europe to further her artistic development.
During her career, Bonnie has worked as an independent artist, playing the role of producer, director, choreographer and performer in works for film, installation and live performance. Her creations and collaborations have been featured at ImPulsTanz, Museum Moderner Kunst (AT), Girona Film Festival (ES), Quadstock Music Festival (US), CinéWomen|Womenartconnect (EU), Asia International Youth Short Film Exhibition (CN), Biennale of Sydney, Sydney World Film Festival, and Sydney Fringe Festival (AU), among others.
Bonnie has lived in the Southern Highlands for the past 2 years and has been teaching dance in both the Highlands and Sydney for the past 9 years.